Work at Sportsbeat
Junior Production Manager/ Production Manager
Reporting to: Head of Production
Salary: Based on Experience
Location: Twickenham (This role will be offices based after Covid restrictions lift)
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
We are looking for a confident, friendly and organised production manager to be part of our growing production team. In the role, you will need to have the ability to work well and develop relationships with both team members as well as clients and have a basic knowledge of various sports.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and organisational understanding as well as showcasing a creative outlook. Whilst being time conscience and ensure deadlines are met as well as being organised in all aspects of the job, from kit and staffing to managing shoots.
As the direct production team has expanded to 10 full-time members of staff, we need an experienced production manager to run the day-to-day workload of the team and support the Head of Productions across multiple ongoing projects.
The content and projects you will be working on includes but is not limited to many of the major rugby, and football properties in the UK and Ireland, as well as major events and clients like the Virgin London Marathon, Guinness Six Nations, British Athletics, BOA and BPA and many more.
Who we are
Established over 15 years ago, Beat Media, and its associated brands Sportsbeat and Storybeat, is one of the fastest growing content creation businesses in the UK.
We work with some of the leading brands and agencies to create compelling content to power social and digital channels as well as traditional media.
The team produces OTT video and social media content for a wide range of national governing bodies, major event organisers, sports, brands, and agencies as well as producing audio, text, and a wealth of media for syndication to UK-wide media and broadcast outlets.
Although not limited to, the main clientele we work with are of a sporting nature – ranging from official websites for sport brands and associations, online videos, press interviews on site and supporting events and awards.
We work with official sponsors of sporting events and teams to create creative content as well as working within the mix zones at events, tournaments and championships.
Overseeing and contributing to the smooth running of production across multiple projects. Able to ensure projects are managed efficiently and effectively.
• You will be ensuring that all multimedia projects are managed cost effectively, on time and within budget.
• You will be responsible for liaising with a variety of clients to ensure the smooth running of all shoots.
• Your responsibilities include creation of shoot briefs and call sheets, producing of risk assessments, organising kit and scheduling crew for shoots – both in house and freelancers when required.
• You will work with the Head of Production and Post Production Manager to ensure all deadlines both pre and post production are met.
• As Production Manager with a small a team, you will be leading annual appraisals with the Head of Production with the team of videographers, photographers, editors and animators.
• Alongside the other responsibilities, from time to time you will manage shoots on the location when required.
• Are you an experienced Production Manager?
• Do you love being a part of a creative team?
• Are you interested in Sport content?
• Proven experience with the production process (2+years)
• Experience in producing call sheets and risk assessments.
• Flexibility with hours and days due to the nature of Sport
• Highly organised in all aspects of your role
• Good social skills and able to manage tricky situations.
• Confidence in team leading and motivation when required.
• Working as part of teams in a fast-paced production environment. Desirable
• Strong interest in content production
• Proven experience in the Sports Industry or knowledge of sport
• Experience working on shoots.
• Understanding of talent release forms and location permits
• Understanding of COVID onsite protocols